How to schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment, you may contact or leave a confidential message at (703) 405-3228.
Do you accept insurance? How does insurance work?
To determine your health coverage, please check with your insurance carrier first. When contacting your insurance, look into the following questions:
- What are my mental health benefits (certain Insurance companies refer to this as behavioral health)?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is a referral from my primary care physician necessary?
Is therapy confidential?
In general, confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychotherapist is protected by law. Information is only disclosed upon receiving permission from the client.
Exceptions as required by law include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse. The therapist is required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety. However, if an individual does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.
Sessions last between 45 and 50 minutes. The first session will involve discussion of the forms you completed, your history, and your goals. We will take a minute or two prior to each session to complete a four question evaluation of your progress over the past week and then at the end to evaluate how the session went for you. As I mentioned, this is a collaborative process and your opinions about how you are feeling, the progress you are making, and your comfort with the therapeutic relationship are the most important. Using these brief session surveys has been shown to significantly improve treatment outcomes.
Cancellations must be made within 48 hours of the appointment by calling the main number.
For general and couples psychotherapy, the sessions range from $70-$120 per session for out pocket payments; we offer sliding scales fees if needed. All sessions are payable at the time of service. You can pay for sessions with cash, credit cards or via Paypal.